Self reflection helps us pause to create space so that we can turn inward. This is a positive wellness practice meant to help gain insight about what matters most. It can help us to understand ourselves better and as a result help us to better understand others. There are many moments in life that can inspire a person to reflect: birthday, reunion, anniversary, season or the end of the year.
Grab a piece of paper and use these 12 questions as a guide for your reflections this year.
- What three words would you use to describe how you feel right now?
- What are theme(s) that keep coming up for you?
- What are you celebrating?
- What are finding most challenging?
- What lessons have you learned?
- Is there a piece of advice you would give to your younger self?
- Who/what is inspiring you?
- What have you gained/lost?
- Which habits or practices are supporting your health?
- Where are you finding comfort, support or ease?
- Who are you most grateful for?
- What are you letting go of or carrying forward?